Cloxacillin is indicated for the treatment of infections due to
penicillinase-producing staphylococci that are resistant to
benzylpenicillin. It is used against gram-positive staphylococcus
● skin and soft tissue infections, e.g. abscesses, cellulitis.
Cloxacillin should not be given to patients with a history of
penicillin allergy or administered to neonates born of mothers
hypersensitive to penicillin.
Patients allergic to cephalosporins may also be allergic to
Cloxacillin is incompatible with aminoglycosides, tetracyclines,
erythromycin and polymyxin B.
Upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gas, and mouth sores may
occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your
doctor or pharmacist promptly.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek
immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious
allergic reaction may include: rash, itching/swelling (especially
of the face/tongue/throat), new fever, chills, severe dizziness,
Before taking cloxacillin, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you
are allergic to it; or to other antibiotics including
penicillin-type medications (e.g., amoxicillin, ampicillin,
penicillin) or cephalosporins (e.g., cephalexin, cefuroxime); or if
you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive
ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your
medical history, especially of: kidney problems.
This medication should be used only when clearly needed during
pregnancy. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
This drug passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before
Use with caution in patients with a known history of allergy to
When administered to a patient with penicillin sensitivity
anaphylactic shock may occur. Adrenaline, corticosteroids and
antihistamines should be used to treat anaphylaxis.
Due to the variability in intestinal absorption, oral
administration is not a suitable substitute for the parenteral
treatment of serious infections.
Convulsions and other signs of toxicity to the central nervous
system may occur with very high doses, particularly when
administered intravenously to patients with renal failure.
Nephrotoxicity may occur in patients with diminished renal
function. Treatment of overdosage is symptomatic and supportive.
Store below 25℃. Protect from moisture. Keep out of reach of